The flickering of a projector if not fixed could progress into regress of the video or further could even lead to a complete halt in the projection. It is recommended you to follow certain steps so as to prevent the flickering of projection and also repairing a projector flickering.
- If the video cable connecting the device is loose, try to fix it firmly to both the connection ports and make sure that it does not move from the port. This is one of the ways to fix a projector from flickering.
- In case the cable is damaged or is not like the right type as required by the device or projector, buy a new cable compatible to both the projector as well as the device which will transmit data to be projected.
- Make sure the device has adequate processing speed to handle all functionalities of the projector.
- Keep the projector away from other devices that may cause interference with the projection and keep it in an open ventilated space to prevent overheating.
- Check in the projector settings whether the flickering is a projector intended shutter which is causing the flickering. In this case it is to turn off the shutter/refresh rate to stop flickering.
Why is my projector flickering?
A flickering/blinking projector screen is nothing but discomfort to the eyes. If you are thinking that it is how a projector generally projects its image then you are definitely wrong. The flickering of a projector is not intended manually but may have been a cause because of the following cases mentioned below
- First is to check whether this is a feature of the projector which is causing flickering of the image.
- There might also be the case that the video connections between the projector and the device which is responsible to transmit data to the projector to project have a loose connection, maybe malfunctioning or may not be the right type of cable compatible with the device or the projector.
- There may also be a case where the device which is responsible for transmitting data may have inadequate graphic cards causing lack of accuracy in the projector leading to pixeled or flickering of the images.
- There may also be interference from devices such as TVs, other projectors, radios, etc. Which may be the reason for the flickering.
- It might also be a cause of overheating.